Page contains selections – full CV available upon request.
M.A. English, concentration in research, Virginia Commonwealth University, December 2016
• Thesis (Passed with Distinction, December 2016): “From Watchman to Mockingbird: Tay Hohoff’s Editorial Influence on Harper Lee” Advisor: Bryant Mangum, Ph.D.
B.A. English (minor in Religious Studies), Virginia Commonwealth University, May 2008
“Lore No More: Uncovering Eva Clark’s Rightful Legacy” Bandwagon: The Journal of the Circus Historical Society. Vol. 64, No. 3 (2020).
Press and Media
“VCU alum publishes research about a famous female aerialist” VCU College of Humanities and Sciences, Mar. 2, 2021.
“A very cold case: Circus performer’s mysterious death in 1906 has ties to Cincinnati” Cincinnati Enquirer. Dec. 31, 2020.
“Past the lore: Norris, Tucker discuss their research about the life and career of Eva Clark” The News Virginian. Nov. 14, 2020.
Adjunct instructor: Pensacola State College, Pensacola, FL (2019-2021)
• ENC-1101 English Composition I (Summer 2019, Fall 2019)
• ENC-1101 English Composition I – Online (Spring 2020, Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021)
• ENC-1102 English Composition II (Fall 2019)
• ENC-1102 English Composition II – Online (Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021)
• AML-2020 American Lit. from 1870 – Online (Spring 2020, Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021)
Adjunct professor: Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, Terre Haute, IN (2018-Present)
• EN-211 Introduction to Literature (Fall 2018, Spring 2020)
• EN-111 English Composition and Research Writing (Spring 2018)
• EN-211 Introduction to Literature – Online (Spring 2018)
• EN-320 Advanced Studies in Poetry – Online (Spring 2020, Spring 2021)
“Digitizing a Century-Old Murder to Reclaim a Legacy” The Society for the Study of Southern Literature Conference, Fayetteville, AR, 2020. (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
“‘Fair Aerialist in Danger’: Eva Clark’s Troubling Legacy Within the Collective Memory” Biennial Conference of the Southern American Studies Association; Emory University, 2019.
“Ghosts and Goophers: Agency Through Superstition in Mark Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Charles Chesnutt’s ‘The Goophered Grapevine’” Biennial Conference of the Southern American Studies Association; College of William and Mary, 2017.
“Revising Harper Lee: Editorial Impact on Go Set a Watchman and To Kill a Mockingbird” 22nd Southern Writers/Southern Writing Graduate Conference, University of Mississippi, 2016.
“A Perilous Journey: Eudora Welty’s Use of the Slave Narrative Tradition in ‘A Worn Path’” Graduate Student Intersections Conference for Departments of English and History; Virginia Commonwealth University, 2016.
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi (2016)
Copyeditor: Metropolitan Universities Journal (9/2019 – Present)
Copyediting peer-reviewed academic journal articles for MUJ, a quarterly journal which is affiliated with the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities.
Communications Specialist (7/2020 – Present)
Contracted work on faculty communications and marketing for Virginia Commonwealth University. Responsibilities include copyediting, web, design, and communications strategy.
Executive Search Communications Specialist (1/2020 – 7/2020)
Contracted work on academic executive searches for Virginia Commonwealth University. Responsibilities include creating/maintaining candidate websites, writing and proofreading recruitment materials, and crafting communications plans for internal/external partners.
Senior Communications Administrator: VCU Office of the Provost (5/2015 – 12/2019, Telework 2017-2019)
Primary responsibilities include strategy for the Office of the Provost and Vice Provost offices, curation of university-wide academic and faculty communications strategies, social media planning and execution, website development and content writing, PR, and graphic design.
Senior Account Manager: VCU Division of University Relations (11/2013 – 5/2015)
Primary responsibilities included client contact, project management, billing, reporting, and overall university-level marketing strategy for vice presidential and presidential initiatives.
Account Executive: Charles Ryan Associates (10/2011 – 11/2013)
Responsibilities included client/campaign management, engagement and digital reporting, social media strategies, HTML emails, and copy-editing. Clients included hospitality and tourism.
Business Specialist, Personal Trainer, Mac Specialist: Apple Retail (10/2007 – 10/2011)
Primary responsibilities included large-scale B2B sales and strategies, client management, one-on-one and large class training sessions, sales, and workshop facilitation.
Freelance Work and Community Writing
• Webmaster, the Official Website of William Styron, william-styron.com (2018 – present)
• Book Reviewer, Phi Kappa Phi Forum magazine summer issue (2018)
• Contributing writer: VCU Alumni Magazine, Shafer Court Connections (2015)
• Featured writer: Our Health magazine (2013-2014)
• Contributing and featured writer: Richmond GRID magazine (2012-2015)
Professional Activities and Social Affiliations
Southern American Studies Association, F. Scott Fitzgerald Society, Society for the Study of Southern Literature, American Studies Association, ACES: Society for Editors, Circus Historical Society, American Association of University Women, Margaret Atwood Society